One does not see many dromedaries in Northern Minnesota where I grew up. But in Mali? These magnificent creatures were the major means of transportation in the Sahara! It was love at first sight!
There was just something so mystical and dare I say.... romantic.... about a camel.... I mean.... I saw "Lawrence of Arabia" every time I saw a camel.....
And how could one not fall in love with these two young dromedaries! Such beautiful eyes .... and a hint of a smile?
My first real camel ride in Mali.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you!
- Spectacular African Sunsets!
- Ya gotta have .... friends!
- Pre-Historic Gigantic Elephant Tusks?
- Fierce "Blue Men" of Mali - Les Tuaregs!
- Minnesota to Burkina Faso
- The young feminine eyes of Africa
- Ancient Baobab Tree in Mali
- Love of Dromedaries (Camels)
- Peace Corps Volunteer "Babemba" in Sikasso
- ▼ September (10)