Friday, September 12, 2008
Fierce "Blue Men" of Mali - Les Tuaregs!
The handsome, but fierce, Tuareg in their flowing robes make the bleak, desolate Sahara Desert their home.
Dromedaries, or one humped camels, provide transportation, milk, leather and food for the Tuareg.
Frequently I was told while I lived in Mali .... if two Tuareg met in the Sahara ... neither one of them slept the night ... for the knew the both carried beneath their robes, razor sharp knives and swords .... if one were to "disappear" during the night ... the sands of the Sahara would quickly cover all evidence.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you!
- Spectacular African Sunsets!
- Ya gotta have .... friends!
- Pre-Historic Gigantic Elephant Tusks?
- Fierce "Blue Men" of Mali - Les Tuaregs!
- Minnesota to Burkina Faso
- The young feminine eyes of Africa
- Ancient Baobab Tree in Mali
- Love of Dromedaries (Camels)
- Peace Corps Volunteer "Babemba" in Sikasso
- ▼ September (10)